Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ghosts!

Hmmm...today wasn't so bad. I thought for sure the teachers would pile on the homework for the weekend to get off on the right foot for the new marking period, ya know. However this weekend I find myself with no homework whatsoever. This is great...I can do something and not worry about the homework I'm not doing.
While the school day offered nothing really of interest, when I got home I was delighted to have a conversation with the people working on our bathroom. They're very nice and very funny people. Today we found ourselves talking about those silly sounds you hear in the middle of the night or even in the day. One of the guys was telling me about the lady who used to live in this house. He was one of her students and apparently she kept a very tidy lawn...clean of all pieces of cut grass leaving a perfect looking lawn. He then told me that it had been rumored that her ghost still lives in the house, which is funny because this is a story I've heard many times from many people that knew her. As we got to talking they each told stories from when they were younger and their encounters with "ghosts". One of them said he and all of his brothers at different times had approached their mother and told her of this figured they'd seen...with all identical descriptions. We then got talking about the ghost that lives here again, and I told them a few stories myself of incidents with this occupant of our home. She seems to be very friendly. She likes to roam the house at night...walking through the halls, up and down the stairs and even opening the cupboards in the kitchen, looking for a midnight snack. I like to think she's looking out for us, just keeping the house safe and comfortable :-


PS. If you find yourself looking for something to do this weekend...
Madrid Waddington Drama Club Presents:
"Laughing for All the Wrong Reasons!"
Saturday evening at 8:15pm
Sunday afternoon at 2:30pm
Hope to see you there!
:-]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wish i could be there!! good luck. :) how'd your midterms go?